The ANCA is currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Executive Director of the Eastern Region. For this position, it is preferred that the applicant live in the Boston or Washington D.C. metropolitan areas. The position requires some travel throughout the Eastern Region. The Executive Director is responsible for the following:
- Implement projects and directives from the ANC-Eastern Region Board of Directors relevant to: governmental affairs; media/anti-defamation; public education; coalition- building/human rights; and grassroots activism.
- Facilitate communication between the ANC ER Board of Directors, local ANC committee chairs and the ANCA Washington office.
- Oversee the planning, preparations and hosting of the annual ANC-ER Banquet by working closely with the banquet committee members and ER Board of Directors.
- Coordinate with Armenian Youth Federation and help that organization maximize the effectiveness of its Hai Tahd and educational efforts.
- Stimulate activity and supports initiatives taken by local ANC committees. This includes organization of meetings between elected officials and local ANC constituents, working to influence local media (e.g. op-ed pieces), and development of regional programs for public education.
- Mobilize grassroots support for all ANC and Hai Tahd efforts through effective communication and fieldwork with local communities.
- Manage ANC interaction with the media, including writing of press releases and short newspaper articles.
Applications including a cover letter and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2019. It is expected that all applicants should have an in-depth familiarity and understanding of the Armenian community in the United States. Having strong personal links with Armenians from the community is essential to achieve the organization’s goals.
Interested applicants may also apply for the job via Indeed.
Armenian National Committee, Eastern U.S.
80 Bigelow Avenue
Watertown, MA 02472