Do you have an idea for a story that you think will resonate with the members of our community? We accept pitches from writers, journalists, and curious individuals around the world, who can provide valuable insight on a given topic. Your pitch should include the following:
- Introduce your story idea and define your angle. In other words, tell us what you want to write about and explain your point of view and argument. (Note: Before you submit a pitch to us, it goes without saying that you should already have performed some necessary background research on your topic.)
- Explain why your idea is timely, unique, important, and/or of interest to our readers. The most important thing when developing your idea is to figure out why people reading the article should care about what you’re writing about. Take a step back and ask: “What’s interesting about this? What am I adding to the conversation that’s not already out there?”
- In one sentence, explain why you in particular are well-suited to tell this story.
- Estimate a deadline for your piece.
- You can also attach clips and/or writing samples to demonstrate your experience.
Please email your pitch directly to email@example.com and format the subject line of your email to match the following: “PITCH: [Title of Article]”
If we are interested in commissioning your article, we will respond in several days notifying you. The Armenian Weekly has a small budget to compensate our writers—but please bear in mind, we are not a community paper, and our rates reflect this. That said, we are proud to be able to sponsor the work of thoughtful individuals in the community, and we look forward to receiving your pitches.