Sirusho to Make Boston Debut with the Sayat Nova Dance Company

BOSTON—Over the past 31 years, the Sayat Nova Dance Company of Boston (SNDC) has performed with many talented artists such as Nune Yesayan, Arabo Ispiryan, Alla Levonyan, Hovhannes Shahbazyan, and Ruben Sasunci. On March 23, SNDC will add to the list when it will share the stage with [more...]

February 22, 2018 // 2 Comments

Artsakh Conference to Be Held at the European Parliament on Feb. 27

BRUSSELS—European Parliament Members Michèle Rivasi (Verts/ALE) and Lars Adaktusson (EPP) will host international legal and public policy scholars to examine developments in international law, the status of the negotiations, and recommendations for achieving a peaceful resolution in Artsakh. The [more...]

February 20, 2018 // 0 Comments

Kev Orkian Entertains the Detroit Armenian Community

SOUTHFIELD, Mich.—The Armenian Relief Society (ARS) “Tzolig” chapter of Greater Detroit, celebrated the Paregentan (Mardi Gras) weekend on Feb. 10, with comedian and entertainer Kev Orkian, at the Armenian St. John’s Church Banquet Hall in Southfield. The Armenian Relief Society (ARS) [more...]

February 20, 2018 // 0 Comments

Obituary: Felice Takakjian-Bedrossian, Noted Pianist and Teacher

Takakjian-Bedrossian, Felice, concert pianist and pedagogue with a long and distinguished career, died peacefully on Feb. 11 at age 91. Successful debut performances at Weill Hall in 1949 and Town Hall in 1953 launched her on a concert career that took her through North America, Central America, [more...]

February 16, 2018 // 0 Comments

The ACAA Artsakh Fund: A Movement for the Community

It was Sunday. I hurried home after an Armenian Youth Federation (AYF) meeting—the first of our fiscal year. I changed out of my Camp Javakhk t-shirt, swiped on some lipstick, and grabbed my purse. My brother and I headed out to the Toufayan home in Saddle River, N.J., stopping only to pick up [more...]

February 16, 2018 // 0 Comments

Nick Pittman, Peace Corps Volunteer in Armenia, Speaks at NAASR

BELMONT, Mass.—It wasn’t just the Armenian delicacies Nick Pittman tasted at his friend Laura Zarougian’s house while growing up in Cambridge that led him to consider Armenia for his Peace Corps service, but they definitely came to mind. Pittman (far L) at the Hrant Dink Memorial Forest in [more...]

February 15, 2018 // 1 Comment

1 2 3 4 5 386