Latest:

Poem: Snow Covered Roses

(Photo: Ravi Pinisetti)

The last of the roses

Peek from blankets of snow

That have transformed

The faded Autumn scenery

Into a landscape of shimmering white.

The roses—red, pink, peach, and yellow—

Were planted by my Love,

Now mementos of his joyful labor,

And all the years we walked, talked, laughed in our garden,

And all the cups of tea we drank,

And walnuts, dates, and figs we ate

Each day at four o’clock.

The garden will be lonely now without him,

But every time I walk among the roses,

Touch their shiny green leaves,

Stroke their soft petals, and inhale their sweet fragrance,

I will relive the days he planted them,

And in his sweet voice announced

With that big smile of his and twinkle in his eyes,

“Roses, just for you!”

And now, on his Resting Place I lay a bouquet of flowers

And whisper, “Roses, just for you!”

2017

8 Comments on Poem: Snow Covered Roses

1. avatar Kathy Kading // January 4, 2017 at 3:02 pm // Reply

Thank you for sharing this private and beautiful memory. I can see the joy on his face as he plants the roses, knowing the pleasure he would give you in the future.

2. avatar Arpy Seferian // January 4, 2017 at 10:22 pm // Reply

Ungherouhi Knarig,

We thank you for sharing your inner thoughts and reflections about your late husband and friend, Murad. Our loved ones do not go away but live forever in our minds and walk and talk with us every day!

3. avatar Ashot Mirzoyan // January 5, 2017 at 3:54 am // Reply

4. Wonderful remembrance.

5. avatar Hazel Barsamian // January 6, 2017 at 3:51 pm // Reply

Soft, tender, heartfelt words of remembrance and tribute. Knarik, may the eternal fragrance of these beautiful ‘snow covered roses’ forever surround you as a fond memory and symbol of Murad’s everlasting love.

6. avatar Hike Oganessian // January 6, 2017 at 11:15 pm // Reply

A beautiful expression of Love…

7. avatar Karine Krmoian // January 24, 2017 at 7:23 am // Reply

Dear Knarik,
    your exceptionally tender poem woke up in me the same emotions
    as the magnificient rendition of Lusine Zakarian does:
    sadness full of light.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom in such a serene form
    matching absolutely with your image I have been keeping in my soul, since meeting you in 1992, as an inspiring example of an Armenian lady.

8. avatar Mary Philips // July 3, 2017 at 5:16 pm // Reply

Yyour poem to Murad was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes I think of him still often with his smile and twinkling eyes. He was a good friend and I miss him often My prayers are with you and his family who he loved so dearly I have his birthday marked on my calendar